Residents in North Carolina are no stranger to intense summers with sweltering temperatures. That’s why it’s so important to keep a well-maintained cooling system to make sure your home and family are cool and comfortable throughout the season.
Here at Unique Air Heating and Air Conditioning, we know how difficult it can be understanding when it may be time to call for professional AC repair services. To help you better maintain the comfort of your home, we are sharing this list of the most common AC issues that require a professional’s expertise.
Spot the Top Signs You Need AC Repair
Unfortunately, your AC can’t simply tell you when something is amiss. Luckily, air conditioners do have a way of letting you know something may be wrong—as long as you know what to look for. This makes diligence that much more important when it comes to keeping a watchful eye on the performance of your cooling system. Is your air conditioner trying to tell you something?
Here are 7 telltale signs you can look for to know when it’s time to call for professional AC repair.
- Unusual Noises – Subtle noises are typically common during AC operation. However, if you begin to hear unusual noises like clicking, popping, scraping, groaning, and more—it may be time to call in a professional for diagnosis and repair.
- Blowing Hot Air – When your cooling system is blowing hot air, it can be a sign of major problems. The fix could be something simple like a blown fuse or bad capacitor or a more costly and complex issue like a refrigerant leak.
- Little or No Air Flow – This can indicate something as simple as a clogged or poorly maintained air filter or something much larger like issues with your duct work.
- Foul Odors – If you begin to notice a strange smell or foul odor coming from your AC – it’s time to call a professional. If you detect the odor of mildew of rotten eggs, this could be a sign of mold or bacterial growth in your air conditioning system or ductwork. For the health and safety of you and your family, it’s important to call for professional services as soon as possible.
- Accumulating Water – Let’s face it – water and electricity simply don’t mix. If you begin to notice water collecting in or around your unit, it typically indicates one of two issues: a broken or blocked drain tube or a refrigerant leak. Standing or pooled water definitely needs immediate professional attention. Ri
- Rising Energy Costs – Keeping an eagle eye on your utility costs can help to alert you to potential AC repair needs. If you notice your bills are on the rise with no reasonable explanation and your home is struggling to maintain temperatures, it could be a sign that your AC is working overtime when it shouldn’t.
- Constant or Short-Cycling – If your system is constantly cycling, or frequently turning on and off, there is something has gone awry with your AC. This can be caused by a number of factors and should be promptly addressed by a professional to prevent further, more costly damages to your system.
Quality Air Conditioner Repair Services in Gaston County, NC
When it comes to the comfort of your home and family, nothing should stand in the way! We’ve worked hard to earn our esteemed reputation, and remain committed to providing stellar customer service and the highest quality comprehensive HVAC services.
If you need AC repair, replacement, or maintenance services, we can help! Speak with one of our friendly professionals today or contact us online to schedule your services today!